And Our Theme This Year Is...


"You Make a Difference!" from The Star Thrower Story, written by Joel Barker who was inspired by the writing of Loren Eiseley.

I'll decorate the staff lounge with shells and candles to set the mood for relaxation. I will also do a display in the main hallway with each teacher's name on a star with a display title of "Forget Hollywood...The Real Stars Work Right Here at Our School!"

Throughout the year I've used this theme for one of my favorite thrifty teacher appreciation gifts, Wilton Lollipop Molds! You can use them again and again and all you have to buy are new lollipop sticks and new chocolate. I've even done butterscotch chips and peanut butter chocolate chips. I use the Sea Creatures molds for some starfish and other fishy lollipops, but I also the Smiley Faces. Because who can resist a smiling chocolate lollipop??? Certainly, not I. I like to tie on a small bag of almonds to for a few of our teachers who are on restricted diets. You can't please everyone all of the time, but I sure do try!

What theme is your school using this year for Teacher Appreciation Week? What themes have you used in the past?

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away...